Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Halloween Meltdown

I decided to go purple, orange and silver for this week's Halloween nail colors. I was a little apprehensive about whether the China Glaze "Spellbound" glitter would go with the Urban Decay "Meltdown" royal purple. After some reassurance from hubby that it would work just fine, I started with two coats of Meltdown over base coat.
I can't say this polish was my fave to work with. It's thicker than I'm used to, and harder to control. I just adore this color though - isn't it gorgeous?
Then I added one coat of Spellbound from the cuticle just half way up the nail for some glitter. I have horrible light at night, but wait for the "finished" photos. Spellbound is...spellbinding!
I was going to use silver bouillon beads for the letters, but decided that they'd "get lost" in the silver glitter. So I used the white Migi pen instead to write "Eek!" on one hand, and "Boo!" on the other.
A little top coat, some clean-up and a little outdoor lighting - voila! Another festive (and very easy) Halloween manicure!

I've already gotten a compliment at work for these...Halloween nails seem popular this year! More Halloween next week...




0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online